Psychotherapeutic and Psychosocial Advisory Service
The Psychotherapeutic and Psychosocial Advisory Service offers free advice concerning problems related to your studies as well as personal conflicts.
The institution faces up to the ever-increasing pressure which students are subjected to. All matters are treated confidentially and, if desired, anonymously.
Apart from individual, couple and family counselling, an important aspect of our approach is group work concentrating on one particular topic. For instance, we offer courses which deal with studying techniques and working methods.
All students who would like to talk to one of our experienced psychologists about a problem are very welcome to contact us. For example, we can help you with:
- problems related to your studies (e.g. difficulty making decisions, fear of examinations, fear of authority)
- relationship problems, problems finding a partner, dealing with having separated
- isolation and contact anxiety (e.g. social phobias)
- problems with leaving home (e.g. becoming independent of your parents, new orientation)
- depression, anxiety, self-injury, thoughts of suicide, psychosomatic problems, eating disorders, compulsive disorders etc.
- suffering caused by sexual abuse
- addiction (e.g. drugs, gambling, computer or internet addiction)
- integration problems experienced by students from abroad
If you would like to have a private and confidential talk with one of our counsellors, please arrange an appointment with our office personally or give us a ring. We will arrange an appointment with you to take place as soon as possible. Our advice is free of charge and, naturally, absolutely confidential. We are strictly bound to maintain confidentiality. If you think you require more permanent help, we can refer you to qualified therapists. Apart from individual counselling, we also offer couple and family counselling as well as various courses. At the moment, following courses are being offered:
The Psychotherapeutic and Psychosocial Advisory Service is open to all students studying at one of the universities the Munich Student Union is in charge of. Thus, students from Rosenheim, Freising-Weihenstephan and Benediktbeuern are also very welcome to contact us. The contact details and opening hours of our Munich office are as follows:
Alte Mensa, Helene-Mayer-Ring 9
Advice Centre entrance h,
1st floor, room h6
for arranging an appointment personally or by telephone:
Mon - Fri 09:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Tel: +49 89 357135-40
Fax: +49 89 357135-62
You are welcome to speak English!
Outside these opening hours, please leave a message on the answering machine. Please don't forget to leave your phone number!
You are also very welcome to write us an email.
If you write us an email, please also state the name of your university.