The Servicepaket for international exchange studentsRead out
The Servicepaket is a service provided by the Munich Student Union for students who are participating in the universities’ international exchange programmes (like Erasmus).
The Servicepaket rooms are allocated exclusively by the International Offices of the universities. The allocation procedure can vary from university to university; so please contact the responsible person of your own university if you are interested or if you have any questions regarding the application.
The Servicepaket for international exchange students includes:
- a room in one of the Munich Student Union’s halls of residence
- a welcome package including a sleeping bag, a pillow, a sheet as well as an aluminium flask
- international tutors who will assist you with settling in in your hall of residence and in Munich
- an invitation to a guided tour of the city of Munich
- an extensive cultural programme as well as the option to attend outings, excursions and workshops organised by the cultural service
- information/newsletters on interesting events with/for (international) students
- useful tips and information for your student life in Munich
- getting to know lots of other international and German students
Please note that there is only a very limited number of Servicepaket rooms available. For this reason, not all exchange students can be offered accommodation in our halls of residence.
The Servicepaket rooms are allocated exclusively by the International Offices of the universities. Please contact your university’s International Office.
If you weren’t offered a Servicepaket room in a hall of residence by your international office, you should be aware of the fact that it can be quite difficult to find accommodation in Munich. For this reason, we also offer advice on other accommodation options and support our students in finding private accommodation.