Intercultural workshops and eventsLecture à haute voix
"Come to Munich - be at home"
Intercultural project seminar for German and international students
Who can participate?
In the seminar "Come to Munich - be at home" students of all universities the Munich Student Union is responsible for can participate.
What are the requirements for online workshops and events?
- a computer/laptop with a camera, microphone, as well as a steady internet connection (!)
- zoom app
- the willingness to use the online tool "www.scrumblr.ca", poss. the use of the tool "gotomeeting.com".
What is expected?
- Active participation in all four online workshop sessions of one group (A OR B) on the topic "intercultural communication"
- Active participation in three activities of your choice
- a group presentation & a final comment (for a certificate) or reflection protocol (for certificate & ECTS)
In order to complete the project successfully, every student needs to participate in three events. All events are free of charge! First you'll need to register for the workshop. Afterwards the students will receive an email about how and when to sign up for the events.
Most of the events are planned as live events for the winter semester 2021/22. However, due to the corona pandemic, there may be changes at short notice and events may have to be switched to online.
Please note that the 3G rule applies to most events; i.e. you must either be vaccinated, recovered or tested.
Online Introductory event CTMBAH
LIVE Game night
LIVE Scavenger hunt through Munich
LIVE Brewery tour at AYINGER
ONLINE Workshop & LIVE City-Tour: Traces of postcolonial past in present-day Munich
LIVE Escape Game 1
LIVE Escape Game 2
LIVE Baking Christmas cookies
LIVE Trip to Nuremberg
ONLINE Yoga class
LIVE Magical hike in the Bavarian winter wonderland
Please note: these events are only addressed at participants of the project "Come to Munich - be at home". The participation in these events is at your own risk.
Group A (in English)
Session 1 - Friday, October 29th, 9 am to 12 pm
Session 2 - Friday, November 12th, 9 am to 12pm
Session 3 - Friday, November 19th, 9 am to 12 pm
Session 4 - Friday, December 10th, 9 am to 12 pm.
Group B (in English)
Session 1 - Saturday, October 30th, 10 am - 1 pm
Session 2 - Saturday, November 6th, 10 am - 1 pm
Session 3 - Saturday, December 4th, 10 am - 1 pm
Session 4 - Saturday, December 11th, 10 am - 1 pm.
- Culture - What is that?
- Intercultural Communication - is that possible?
- Perception and Values - does it belong together?
- Intercultural Conflict Management - sounds difficult...
- Stereotype and prejudice - are they really necessary?
Intercultural competence - What does that really mean? Do misunderstandings emerge due to interculturality and how can I avoid them? How can I interact with people from different cultures without upsetting them and without acting in an artificial way at the same time?
During the intercultural workshops we will find answers for all those questions. By teamwork, discussions, examples and simulations, we will have a constant change of perspective and find unexpected solutions. A great possibility not only to get soft skills at University, but also to get a great base for your personal life.