Application process for children of LMU employees.Read out
Information for employees of the LMU on application opportunities to the childcare establishments of the Student Parent-Child Initiatives e. V..
The following criteria must under all circumstances be fulfilled:
- At least one parent must be working at least part-time at the LMU (not the Klinikum!) as scientific or non-academic staff or have a postgraduate scholarship. Children of graduate assistants, contract teachers, apprentices and other scholarship recipients as well as of person groups listed in article 14 section 2 of the Bavarian University Hospitals Act, with exception to those of professors and junior professors, cannot be enrolled.
- At the time of enrollment, the period of employment at the LMU must last for at least another six months.
- Should the period of employment end while a child is still attending a facility, it can only remain there until the end of that year's term.
- Application can only proceed upon the birth of the to be enrolled child.
- Children can be enrolled in the daycare centers upon reaching the age of 1.
- You can register your child for 5-days-a-week childcare via the application form! Daily booking hours can then be chosen upon conclusion of the contract.
For our flexible childcare by the hour at the Campus Kids, see below.
- Please send the application form including all required documents (proof of employment at the LMU; birth certificate, proof of prospective employment if applicable) to the following address:
Munich Student Union
Studying with a Child
- After we receive and verify your application, you will receive an application confirmation via e-mail.
- Once a year (in December) you will be required to confirm that you have a continued interest in the position. We therefore ask you to keep your contact information updated! Every December, the Munich Student Union will send an automatically generated e-mail requesting confirmation to all addresses specified by the parents in the application forms. Due to the large distributor, it is possible that, depending on your mail software, the e-mail may end up in your SPAM folder. Should you, over the course of December, have not received a confirmation request via e-mail, please contact the Munich Student Union - Studying with a Child Department - as soon as possible. Should we receive no confirmation within the time period specified in the e-mail, your child will be crossed off the waiting list.
Placements are allocated by the management of the childcare facility analogous to the waiting list, with prioritization based on the following criteria groups established together with the LMU:
Group 1: Children whose parents are both employees of the LMU in accordance with the basic requirements and children whose primary carer is a single parent. (We can only qualify you as a single parent upon presentation of a so-called negative confirmation issued by the youth welfare office.)
Group 2: Children of whom one parent is an employee of the LMU in accordance with the basic requirements, while the other parent is externally employed.
Group 3: Children whose parents fulfill the basic requirements but are not included in groups 1 or 2.
Prioritization when two applicants have matching groups and criteria applies to:
- Children who have siblings visiting the same establishment and at least 3 months until the time of enrollment.
- Cases where there LMU has significant official interest in gaining at least one parent as a new employee (confirmed by the faculty director or responsible department).
Should two applicants be in the same criteria group, the date of application becomes the deciding factor.
The following aspects are also taken into account during the process of placement allocation:
- For pedagogic reasons, the final decision on who will be accepted must be made by the management of the respective daycare facility. In order to establish a pedagogically beneficial group environment, this decision is made based on the following criteria:
- Gender of the child
- Age of the child
- Other pedagogic reasons
As an employee, you also have the opportunity to sign your child up for flexible childcare by the hour. This option is available for children from the age of 15 months to 6 years. Detailed information can be found here