Information regarding validation and validity of student IDs for using the MVV in the summer semester 2021
Due to the restrictions at the universities in connection with the coronavirus and the thus perhaps limited possibilities for validating student IDs, following rules apply in the summer semester 2021 for using MVV public transport with student IDs:
- The student IDs in the form of plastic cards from certain universities that are to be validated every semester which were validated for the winter semester 2020/2021 are also valid in the summer semester 2021 for using the MVV during off-peak hours (Mon - Fri 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. as well as all day at weekends).
- That means that for using the MVV during off-peak hours in the summer semester 2021 and for buying an IsarCard Semester, you at least need a student ID which was validated for the winter semester 2020/2021, e.g., showing the abbreviation WiSe 20/21.
- All students with a student ID which was neither validated for the winter semester 2020/2021 nor for the summer semester 2021 need to contact their universities to have their student IDs validated. These student IDs are not valid for using MVV services.
- Students from universities with paper student IDs require a student ID valid for the summer semester 2021 for using the MVV and for buying an IsarCard Semester, as students studying at these universities received or were able to collect valid IDs for the summer semester 2021.
- As was the case before, you need to have an official photo ID on you when using your semester ticket. A valid student/semester ID in combination with an official photo ID can be used as a ticket for travelling during off-peak hours.
- As always, the IsarCard Semester can be bought at MVV machines and ticket desks and entitles you to use the MVV around the clock.
- Your certificate of matriculation still does not entitle you to use the MVV – please be aware of this regulation when using MVV services.
Further information on the semester ticket can be found here.