We keep to the latest official rules and regulations during the pandemic. As almost all Covid-related rules and regulations came to an end in Bavaria on 3 April 2022, most Covid restrictions are also no longer in place in the various departments of the Munich Student Union.
Have a look at the following information to find out in what way this affects our services.
In general, we advise all our visitors to voluntarily wear a face covering, keep a minimum distance of 1.5 metres and to pay attention to further hygiene measures as well as not to come to our facilities if you have any symptoms which could stem from a coronavirus infection.
Administrative offices in Leopoldstraße 15
- The Munich Student Union’s administrative offices are open for all of you. The exact opening hours and other contact details can be found at www.stwm.de/en/about-the-student-union/contact-details/.
Food & Drinks
In accordance with current Bavarian regulations, the following applies for using our gastronomic services:
- 3G for entering: no longer applies
- minimum distance: recommended
- adequate hand hygiene: recommended, disinfectant will be provided
- wearing masks: dependent on the individual regulations of the universities; please pay attention to the information provided by your university
- gloves for our self-service system: will still be provided, but wearing them is no longer mandatory
- The BAföG Office is dealing with BAföG applications and payments. Since 5th April 2022, you can find the BAföG Service Centre (BSZ) in our office in Leopoldstraße 15, ground floor, room 016. We are looking forward to seeing you. Please wear an FFP2 mask during your visit.
- The opening hours of the BSZ are: Tues, Wed, Thurs from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and Wed from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Using the BSZ advisory service is only possible after having arranged an appointment in the office. Appointments can be made every day from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon in the office under the phone number 089/38196-242 or -256.
- Please note that you can only use the BSZ if you were already given a BAföG number (Fördernummer). Please understand that no BAföG applications can be accepted at the appointment.
- You can give us a ring Tues, Wed and Thurs from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. If you have any questions, you could have a look at our (German) FAQs. You might find your answer there.
- Detailed up-to-date information can always be found here. Also, we have put together some information for you about the effects of the corona crisis on BAföG (in German).
- Have you not applied for BAföG yet and would like to get some advice? The BAföG Advisory Service is also available by phone.
- Accommodation in all halls of residence of the Student Union is secured. Students are moving in and out of rooms as usual.
- Our administrative offices, the Servicedesk and the Rent Accounts Department are once again open to the public. Please don’t forget to wear an FFP2 mask and to sanitise your hands before entering.
- You will also be able to see your hall’s caretakers in their rooms again during their usual office hours. However, please still try and settle your problem via a damage report, if possible, leaving a number on which we can call you back on.
- We have a favour to ask of all students moving in: Please contact us by phone before collecting your keys if you suspect you have the coronavirus infection or if you are showing typical symptoms. By telling us up ahead you will be protecting yourself and others. Together we will find a solution!
- Anyone signing a tenancy agreement, can scan and email it to the administration in charge. Future tenants will receive all documents from the person dealing with their case.
- Our reading rooms are open. Wearing a mask is no longer required.
- For more information, we have put together some FAQs about the effects of the corona crisis on the department Accommodation.
Advice and Psychotherapeutic Assistance
- Since 21st March 2022, we have once again been able to offer our services on the phone, via video call or as face-to-face consultations. The exact details and regulations can be found in the hygiene concepts available on the subpages of the specific services.
- The challenges we are faced with at the moment can be stressful in many ways (also psychologically). Our advisors are always there to listen to your problems! Don’t hesitate to contact us! We are there for you!
> Our contact details
In general, the management of the individual childcare centres as well as their staff will inform parents about precautionary measures taken in the childcare centre. For instance, that includes the question whether or not the 3G rule is used for parent-teacher events (vaccinated, recovered or tested) or if parents are asked to wear an FFP2 mask.
At the moment, staff as well as visitors are required to wear a mask until 31st May 2022.
- Children as well as staff are no longer required to provide negative test results (see 475th newsletter of the Bavarian State Ministry for Family, Labour and Social Affairs). The same applies to what was called intensified testing in the case of individual infections having occurred in a group. Already since 13th April, groups also haven’t been closed completely if there were several infections.
- The Bavarian State Ministry for Family, Labour and Social Affairs also provides an overview of all newsletters concerning childcare so far.
> More information on our childcare centres
Events, Excursions, Other Group Meetings
- Our team of Culture & International/Servicepaket/"Come to Munich - be at home” organizes events for you, which are carried out in accordance with current measures for infection control. Should you have any questions, you can contact our staff by phone or email.
- The Cultural Programme for the summer semester 2022 includes workshops and training on topics such as vegan diet, film screenings and lots of events to celebrate the Summer Olympic Games’ 50-year-anniversary in Munich. You can also get to know new people and yet unknown parts of Munich on our numerous trips and theme walks. A hygiene concept will be devised for each of our events, which the participants will receive before the event takes place.
If you would like to receive our latest culture newsletter, you are very welcome to register for it. Should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- You can have a look at an overview of the events of the Servicepaket on our website. Should a live event have to be cancelled after all, due to the pandemic, everyone registered for it will be informed. Should you already have paid for an event, we will, of course, refund the fee.
Some tips for the situation at the moment
- Click here for Covid-19 information put together by the Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior, for Sport and Integration.
Your Munich Student Union