We keep to the current rules and regulations during the pandemic. Have a look here to find out in what way this affects our services.
Administrative offices in Leopoldstraße 15
- Until further notice, the administrative offices of the Munich Student Union will be closed to the public. You can, of course, still contact us by phone (contact details can be found below or at www.stwm.de/en/about-the-student-union/contact-details/)
Food & Drink
- Our gastronomic services are still there for you! Following facilities are still open, offering food to go: Canteen Arcisstrasse, Canteen Garching, Canteen Leopoldstraße, the StuBistroMensa Martinsried and the StuCafé Weihenstephan Maximus. Due to the current rules and regulations, however, many facilities have to remain closed.
- Have your food to go - we still offer a large choice of food, a different menu every day, at our usual low prices. We use 100% biocompatible to-go boxes.
- Have a look here for information on the various gastronomic facilities and their opening hours: further information >>
Applying for Interim Financial Aid is again possible online from 20th November 2020 at www.ueberbrueckungshilfe-studierende.de. The Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF) is once again going to support students who are evidently faced with acute financial hardship due to the corona pandemic, from November 2020 until March 2021. The Interim Financial Aid will be distributed by the Studentenwerke and Studierendenwerke in charge. >> Further information
- The BAföG Office is dealing with BAföG applications and payments. Payment processes and payments for students receiving BAföG are secured.
- Despite the limitations due to corona, we still want to deal with as many BAföG applications as possible and apologize for our currently limited phone service. If you have a question, please read through our FAQs first. You will find answers to many questions there. If it is urgent, you can contact us Mon, Tues, Wed from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m..
- Detailed up-to-date information can always be found here. Also, we have put together some information for you about the effects of the corona crisis on BAföG (in German).
- Have you not applied for BAföG yet and would like to get some advice? The BaföG Advisory Service is also available by phone.
- Unfortunately, due to the current rules and regulations, we have had to keep our reading rooms closed since Wednesday, 16.12.2020, until further notice.
- Accommodation in all halls of residence of the Student Union is secured. Moving in and out of rooms is also taking place. You can still contact our administration by phone or email.
- We have a favour to ask of all students moving in:
Please give us a ring before collecting your keys if there are any signs of you being sick, such as if you are coughing, have a cold, a sore throat or a temperature, or also, if you fear you might have caught the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). By telling us up ahead you will be protecting yourself and others. Together we will find a solution!
- Anyone signing a tenancy agreement, can, due to the current situation, sign the agreement at home, scan it and email it to the administration in charge. Future tenants will receive all documents from the person dealing with his or her case.
- More information regarding the current situation can be found on the page of our department Accommodation. We have also put together some FAQs about the effects of the corona crisis concerning the department Accommodation.
Advice and Psychotherapeutic Assistance
- In order to prevent infections, our advisory services are currently only taking place by phone. Especially in these times, which can be stressful in many ways (also psychologically), we would like to point out that our advisors are still there for you.
> Our contact details
> Further information
- NEW 14.01.: The regulations decided upon in the Bavarian Landtag on 08.01.2021 apply to the childcare centres of the Munich Student Union / the supporting association "Studentische Eltern-Kind-Initiativen e.V.“ until at least 31.01.2021. This means, among other regulations, that all parents who do not have anyone else to take care of their child are entitled to use the emergency childcare, especially parents who have to work (or study). More information can be found in the 383rd newsletter of the Bavarian State Ministry for Family, Work and Social Affairs or in further newsletters of the ministry.
> More information regarding our childcare centres
Events, Excursions, Other Meetings
- Our staff from Culture & International/Service Package will once again be offering events in the winter semester, keeping to the current measures for infection prevention. Many of the events are already planned to take place as online events. Should you have any questions, you can always contact our staff from Culture & International/Service Package by phone or email.
- You can have a look at an overview of all the events of the Service Package on our website. If a live event has to be cancelled after all due to the pandemic, everyone registered for it will be informed. Should you already have paid for an event, we will, of course, refund the fee.
- There are lots of online events, also in January, being offered in this year’s cultural programme. You can register here. Up-to-date information regarding possible cancellations can always be found on the website in the event that is concerned. If you have already registered for an event which has to be cancelled, you will be immediately informed by email. Of course, in this case, we will also refund fees that have already been paid.
Some tips for the situation at the moment
- Here you can find some tips (in German and English) about structuring your life and motivating yourself in times of limitations due to the pandemic.
We know that your situation is especially hard. It is the same for us. Please help us and our teams with your understanding and solidarity - even if that is not so easy at the moment. Thank you very much!
Your Munich Student Union
Here you can find some FAQs concerning all areas of life, put together by the ministries.