The Munich Student Union and the Landes-ASten-Konferenz Bayern are arranging for almost 11,000 free FFP2 masks to be distributed to Munich students in need. The free masks are provided by the organisation Studentenhilfe München with financial support from the Department of Social Services’ “Gesellschaftliches Engagement” (Eng. social commitment) of the City of Munich.
The project was initiated because of the fact that although many students are under extreme financial pressure due to the corona pandemic they are not entitled to the free masks provided by municipalities. The municipalities’ distribution is tied to receiving social benefits under SGB II and XII, which is not possible for students.
We want to especially thank all the student volunteers, who are distributing the masks in the Olympic Village and in the Studentenstadt in their spare time.
From 3 February 2021 onwards, students can once receive five masks from the project’s supplies, provided they live in Munich and can prove they are in need. You will need the following documents:
- Student ID
- Proof that you are in need (“BAföG-Bescheid” or confirmation that you are receiving Interim Financial Aid (Überbrückungshilfe) from the Internet or else a bank statement stating “Überbrückungshilfe” or a document confirming that you will be supported by the “Notfallfonds” of the organisation Studentenhilfe München e.V.)
Without these documents no masks can be handed out. We will let you know in time when the supply of masks is coming to an end.
Here is where you can get the masks:
- Infopoint of the Munich Student Union in the Arcisstraße Canteen, Arcisstraße 17, 80333 Munich, Mon to Thurs: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Infopoint of the Munich Student Union in the Leopoldstraße Canteen, Leopoldstraße 13a, 80802 Munich, Mon to Thurs: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Hall of Residence Olympic Village, “Bierstube”, Helene-Mayer-Ring 9, Wed to Sat: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Hall of Residence Studentenstadt Freimann, reading room, Christoph-Probst-Str. 10 (Arkadenbau), every evening from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.