We keep to the current rules and regulations during the corona pandemic. The current situation is as follows:
Administrative offices in Leopoldstraße 15
- Until further notice, the administrative offices of the Munich Student Union will be closed to the public. You can, of course, still contact us by phone (contact details can be found below or at www.stwm.de/en)
Food & Drink
- Most of our gastronomic services have opened again for you. Further information >>
- Several of our gastronomic services have gone back to our self-service system. You can once again enjoy the full range of offers and can put together your meal the way you want it. You pay your food according to weight. You will still be served at the cash desks.
- Enjoy your break at our canteens and cafés with meals served on eco-friendly china dishes. Our guests are taken to a free table by our staff, who will take care of the necessary corona safety precautions, such as taking your contact details. More information concerning data protection can be found on the notices hung up in the canteens, etc. It is still possible to have food to go. For this purpose, we use environmentally sustainable, partly biocompatible packaging.
- The Interim Financial Aid for students faced with pandemic-related financial hardship from the Federal Ministry of Education has ended. Unfortunately, applying for Interim Financial Aid is no longer possible from the 1st of October 2020. All applications that were received by 30.09.2020 will, of course, be considered. You can still send in documents for applications which reached our office in time. You can always get advice on current possibilities of financing your studies.
- The BAföG Office is dealing with BAföG applications and payments. Due to staff shortages, we can only deal with a limited amount of cases at the moment. Payment processes and payments for students receiving BAföG are, however, secured. At the moment, you can always contact us by phone. Up-to-date information can always be found here. Also, we have put together some information for you about the effects of the corona crisis on BAföG (in German).
- Accommodation in all halls of residence of the Student Union is secured. Moving in and out of rooms is also taking place. You can still contact our administration by phone or email.
- We have a favour to ask of all students moving in:
Please give us a ring before collecting your keys if there are any signs of you being sick, such as if you are coughing, have a cold, a sore throat or a temperature, or also, if you fear you might have caught the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). By telling us up ahead you will be protecting yourself and others. Together we will find a solution!
- Anyone signing a tenancy agreement, can, due to the current situation, sign the agreement at home, scan it and email it to the administration in charge. Future tenants will receive all documents from the person dealing with his or her case.
More information regarding the current situation can be found on the page of our department Accommodation.
We have also put together some FAQs about the effects of the corona crisis concerning the department Accommodation.
Advice and Psychotherapeutic Assistance
- In order to prevent infections, our advisory services are currently only taking place by phone. Especially in these times, which can be stressful in many ways (also psychologically), we would like to point out that our advisors are still there for you.
> Our contact details
> Further information
- At the moment, the waiting time for our Psychotherapeutic and Psychosocial Advisory Services is roughly four weeks. For immediate support, we recommend that you contact following services.
- Please have a look at the information given in the 358th newsletter of the Bavarian State Ministry for Family, Work and Social Affairs regarding children with mild symptoms as well as this additional information for parents.
More information regarding our childcare centres >>
Events, Excursions, Other Meetings
Our staff from Culture & International/Servicepaket will once again be offering several events in the winter semester. You can have a look at an overview of the events of the Servicepaket as well as the current semester programme on our website. If an event has to be cancelled due to the pandemic, everyone registered for it will be informed. Should you already have paid for an event, we will, of course, pay you back the fee. If you have registered for the semester programme, you can also go online shortly before the event to find out whether or not the event you registered for can take place.
Should you have any further questions, you can always contact our staff from Culture & International/Sevicepaket by phone or email.
- This winter semester, the intercultural project seminar "Come to Munich - be at home" will be taking place online as well as meeting up personally. Online workshops as well as live cultural events (such as excursions, escape games, hikes) with at the most 10 participants have been plannd. Should there once again be more restrictions due to corona, the events will take place online. Please register by the 6th of November 2020. Up-to-date information regarding event dates and the programme can be found on the website.
Some tips for the situation at the moment
- Here you can find some tips (in German and English) about how best to cope with a possible quarantine.
We know that your situation is especially hard. We are all in the same position. Please help us and our teams with your understanding and solidarity - even if that is not so easy at the moment. Thank you very much!
Your Munich Student Union
Here you can find some FAQs concerning all areas of life, put together by the ministries.