We keep to the current rules and regulations during the pandemic. Have a look here to find out in what way this affects our services.
Administrative offices in Leopoldstraße 15
- Until further notice, the administrative offices of the Munich Student Union will be closed to the public. You can, of course, still contact us by phone (contact details can be found below or at www.stwm.de/en/about-the-student-union/contact-details/)
Food & Drink
- Our gastronomic services are still there for you! Following facilities are still open, offering food to go: Canteen Arcisstrasse, Canteen Garching, Canteen Leopoldstraße, the StuBistroMensa Martinsried and the StuCafé Weihenstephan Maximus. We still offer a large choice of food, varying from day to day, at our usual low prices. We use 100% biocompatible to-go boxes.
- Have a look here for up-to-date opening hours of our opened facilities: further information >>
Interim Financial Aid has been prolonged until the end of September 2021. You can apply for it online at www.ueberbrueckungshilfe-studierende.de. The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is supporting students who are evidently in an emergency situation due to the corona pandemic with Interim Financial Aid. It is distributed by the Studentenwerke and Studierendenwerke in charge. >> Further information
The BAföG Office is dealing with BAföG applications and payments. Payment processes and payments for students receiving BAföG are secured.
- You can give us a ring Mon, Tues, Wed from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.. If you have a question, please read through our FAQs first. You will find answers to many questions in the FAQs.
- Detailed up-to-date information can always be found here. Also, we have put together some information for you about the effects of the corona crisis on BAföG (in German).
- Have you not applied for BAföG yet and would like to get some advice? The BaföG Advisory Service is also available by phone.
- Due to the current rules and regulations, all the common rooms as well as the reading rooms will remain closed, until further notice.
- Accommodation in all halls of residence of the Student Union is secured. Moving in and out of rooms is also taking place. You can still contact our administration by phone or email.
- We have a favour to ask of all students moving in:
Please contact us by phone before collecting your keys if there are any signs of you being sick, such as if you are coughing, have a cold, a sore throat or a temperature, or also, if you fear you might have caught the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). By telling us up ahead you will be protecting yourself and others. Together we will find a solution!
- Anyone signing a tenancy agreement, can, due to the current situation, sign the agreement at home, scan it and email it to the administration in charge. Future tenants will receive all documents from the person dealing with his or her case.
- More information regarding the current situation can be found on the page of our department Accommodation. We have also put together some FAQs about the effects of the corona crisis concerning the department Accommodation.
Advice and Psychotherapeutic Assistance
- In order to prevent infections, our advisory services are currently only taking place by phone. Especially in these times, which can be stressful in many ways (also psychologically), we would like to point out that our advisors are still there for you.
> Our contact details
> Further information
- The childcare centres of the Munich Student Union, i.e. of the supporting association "Studentische Eltern-Kind-Initiativen e.V.“, have been open again with certain restrictions since 22.02.2021, provided the incidence rate over 7 days is below 100. More information can be found in the 403rd newsletter of the Bavarian State Ministry for Family, Work and Social Affairs or in further newsletters of the ministry.
- Information on fee substitutions for January 2021 and February 2021: On 26 January 2021, the Bavarian government decided to take over the costs for childcare centres as was already the case in April, May and June 2020. More information can be found in 389th newsletter of the Bavarian State Ministry for Family, Work and Social Affairs.
> More information regarding our childcare centres
Events, Excursions, Other Group Meetings
- Our team of Culture & International/Service Package will also be organizing events for you in the Summer Semester 2021, keeping to the current measures for infection prevention. Should you have any questions, you can contact our staff by phone or email.
- Our diverse Cultural Programme will offer both online events as well as - if possible - small live events, always keeping to the current measures for infection prevention.
- You can have a look at an overview of the events of the Service Package on our website. If a live event has to be cancelled after all due to the pandemic, everyone registered for it will be informed. Should you already have paid for an event, we will, of course, refund the fee.
Some tips for the situation at the moment
- Here you can find some tips (in German and English) about structuring your life and motivating yourself in times of limitations due to the pandemic.
We know that your situation is especially hard. It is the same for us. Please help us and our teams with your understanding and solidarity - even if that is not so easy at the moment. Thank you very much!
Your Munich Student Union
Here you can find some FAQs concerning all areas of life, put together by the ministries.