Events and Intercultural Workshops
...this summer semester everything online!
"Come to Munich - be at home" or rather "Come to Munich- #stayathome"
Intercultural project seminar for German and international students
Who can participate?
In the Seminar "Come to Munich - be at home" all students of all universities the Studentenwerk München is responsible for can participate. For the digital version "Come to Munich- #stayathome" you need the following tools and equipment:
- camera, microphone and a steady internet connection
- Computer, laptop/notebook
- zoom app for the online seminars
- use of the online "tool www.Scrumblr.ca"
- use of the free open-source video conferencing browser based tool "https://meet.jit.si/" (browser: Chrome/Chromium, or firefox from version 75.0 on)
What is expected?
- Active participation in all five workshop-modules of one group (A or B)
- Active participation in three activities of your choice
- a small presentation and a short essay
To complete the project successfully, every student needs to participate in three of the following events. All events are free of charge! After the registration for the workshops, the students should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the events, precising the events they want to participate in.
Online Escape Game: Under Quarantine
DOC.fest Munich - Movie night
Cook 'n' Talk
Yoga Class (new date!)
International Literary Evening
Dance class: Bavarian line dancing!
Group A (in English) +++changes+++
module 1 – Tuesday, 26.05.2020, 4 pm to 6.30 pm
module 2 – Wednesday, 27.05.2020, 4 pm to 6.30 pm
module 3 – Saturday, 27.06.2020, 4 pm to 6.30 pm
module 4 – Friday, 10.07.2020, 4 pm to 6.30 pm
module 5 – Saturday, 11.07.2020, 4 pm to 6.30 pm
Gruppe B (in German)
module 1 – Monday, 11.05.2020, 6 pm to 8.30 pm
module 2 – Tuesday, 12.05.2020, 6 pm to 8.30 pm
module 3 – Tuesday, 16.06.2020, 6 pm to 8.30 pm
module 4 – Monday, 06.07.2020, 6 pm to 8.30 pm
module 5 – Tuesday, 07.07.2020, 6 pm to 8.30 pm.
- Culture - What is that?
- Intercultural Communication - is that possible?
- Perception and Values - does it belong together?
- Intercultural Conflict Management - sounds difficult...
- Stereotype and prejudice - are they really useful?
Intercultural competence - What does that really mean? Are there misunderstandings based on interculturality and how can I avoid them? How can I interact with people from very different cultures without upsetting them and without acting in an artificial way at the same time?
During the intercultural workshops we will find answers for all those questions. By teamwork, discussions, examples and simulations, we will have a constant change of perspective and get unexpected solutions. A great possibility not only to get Softskills at University, but also to get a great base for your personal life.