Events and Intercultural Workshops
Who can participate?
In the Seminar "Come to Munich - be at home" all students of all universities the Studentenwerk München is responsible for can participate.
- Active participation in two intercultural Workshops
- Active participation in three activities of your choice (see below)
- a small presentation and a short essay
Cook 'n' Talk: the intercultural Buffet
O'zapft is! Bavarias famous brewery: ERDINGER Weißbier
Air Hop - Trampoline Park
Pool at Schellingsalon
Escape Game 1
Escape Game 2
Hiking around Königsee
Adventurous guided tour in Nuremberg
Bavarian danceclass with live music
Summer toboggan run "Blombergbahn"
Group A (in English)
Saturday, 11.05.2019, 10 am to 5.30 pm
Saturday, 06.07.2019, 10 am to 5.30 pm
Group B (in German)
Friday, 17.05.2019, 10 am to 5.30 pm
Friday, 05.07.2019, 10 am to 5.30 pm
Group C (in English)
Friday, 10.05.2019, 10 am to 5.30 pm
Friday, 12.07.2019, 10 am to 5.30 pm
- Culture - What is that?
- Intercultural Communication - is that possible?
- Perception and Values - does it belong together?
- Intercultural Conflict Management - sounds difficult...
- Stereotype and prejudice - are they really useful?
Intercultural competence - What does that really mean? Are there missunderstandings based on interculturality and how can I avoid them? How can I interact with people from very different cultures without upsetting them and without acting in an artificial way at the same time?
During the intercultural Workshops we will find answers for all those questions. By teamwork, discussions, examples and simulations, we will have a constant change of perspective and get unexpected solutions. A great possibility to not only to get Softskills at University, but also to get a great base for your personal life.