Intercultural workshops and eventsRead out
"Come to Munich - be at home"
Intercultural project seminar for German and international students
Who can participate?
In the seminar "Come to Munich - be at home" students of all universities the Munich Student Union is responsible for can participate.
What are the requirements for online workshops and events?
- a computer/laptop with a camera, microphone, as well as a steady internet connection (!)
- zoom app
- the willingness to use the online tool "www.scrumblr.ca", poss. the use of the tool "gotomeeting.com".
What is expected?
- Active participation in all four online workshop sessions of one group (A OR B) on the topic "intercultural communication"
- Active participation in three activities of your choice
- a group presentation and a short essay
In order to complete the project successfully, every student needs to participate in three events. All events are free of charge! First you'll need to register for the workshop. Afterwards the students will receive an email about how and when to sign up for the events.
ONLINE Escape Game: Under Quarantine
Scavenger hunt through Munich
ONLINE Brewery tour and tasting
ONLINE Escape Game: Operation Jackpot
Here and there - ONLINE creative exchange
ONLINE Cook 'n' Talk
Video project: your favorite spot!
Yoga class ONLINE
Please note: These events are only addressed to participants of the project "Come to Munich - be at home". The participation in these events is at your own risk.
Group A (in English)
Session 1 - Friday, 07.05.2021, 3.00 pm - 6.00 pm
Session 2 - Friday, 21.15.2021, 3.00 pm - 6.00 pm
Session 3 - Friday, 04.06.2021, 3.00 pm - 6.00 pm
Session 4 - Friday, 11.06.2021, 3.00 pm - 6.00 pm
Group B (in German)
Session 1 - Saturday, 08.05.2021, 9.00 am - 12.00 pm
Session 2 - Saturday, 29.05.2021, 9.00 am - 12.00 pm
Session 3 - Saturday, 12.06.2021, 9.00 am - 12.00 pm
Session 4 - Saturday, 03.07.2021, 9.00 am - 12.00 pm.
- Culture - What is that?
- Intercultural Communication - is that possible?
- Perception and Values - does it belong together?
- Intercultural Conflict Management - sounds difficult...
- Stereotype and prejudice - are they really necessary?
Intercultural competence - What does that really mean? Do misunderstandings emerge due to interculturality and how can I avoid them? How can I interact with people from different cultures without upsetting them and without acting in an artificial way at the same time?
During the intercultural workshops we will find answers for all those questions. By teamwork, discussions, examples and simulations, we will have a constant change of perspective and find unexpected solutions. A great possibility not only to get soft skills at University, but also to get a great base for your personal life.