Events and Intercultural WorkshopsRead out
"Come to Munich - be at home"
Intercultural project seminar for German and international students
Who can participate?
In the seminar "Come to Munich - be at home" students of all universities the Munich Student Union is responsible for can participate. For the digital workshop sessions you'll need the following tools and equipment:
- a computer/laptop with a camera, microphone, as well as a steady internet connection (!)
- zoom app
- use of the online "tool www.scrumblr.ca", poss. the use of the tool "https://meet.jit.si/".
What is expected?
- Active participation in all five online workshop sessions of one group (A or B) on the topic "intercultural communication"
- Active participation in three activities of your choice
- a small presentation and a short essay
In order to complete the project successfully, every student needs to participate in three events. All events are free of charge! After registering for the workshops, the students need to send an email to email@example.com in order to register for the events which they want to participate in.
ONLINE Brewery tour
ONLINE Escape Game 1
ONLINE Escape Game 2
ONLINE Escape Game 3
Scavenger hunt through Munich
Cook 'n' Talk
ONLINE Escape Game 4
Baking Christmas cookies
Video project: your favorite spot!
ONLINE Escape Game 5
yoga class online
Group A (in English)
Session 1 - Monday, 16.11.2020, 5.00 pm - 7.30 pm
Session 2 - Tuesday, 17.11.2020, 5.00 pm - 7.30 pm
Session 3 - Tuesday, 08.12.2020, 5.00 pm - 7.30 pm
Session 4 - Monday, 25.01.2021, 5.00 pm - 7.30 pm
Session 5 - Tuesday, 26.01.2021, 5.00 pm - 7.30 pm
Group B (in German)
Session 1 - Wednesday, 18.11.2020, 5.00 pm - 7.30 pm
Session 2 - Thursday, 19.11.2020, 5.00 pm - 7.30 pm
Session 3 - Thursday 10.12.2020, 5.00 pm - 7.30 pm
Session 4 - Wednesday, 27.01.2021, 5.00 pm - 7.30 pm
Session 5 - Thursday, 28.01.2021, 5.00 pm - 7.30 pm.
- Culture - What is that?
- Intercultural Communication - is that possible?
- Perception and Values - does it belong together?
- Intercultural Conflict Management - sounds difficult...
- Stereotype and prejudice - are they really necessary?
Intercultural competence - What does that really mean? Do misunderstandings emerge due to interculturality and how can I avoid them? How can I interact with people from different cultures without upsetting them and without acting in an artificial way at the same time?
During the intercultural workshops we will find answers for all those questions. By teamwork, discussions, examples and simulations, we will have a constant change of perspective and find unexpected solutions. A great possibility not only to get soft skills at University, but also to get a great base for your personal life.