Academic Society Freising (HSG)Read out
The Freising Christian Ecumenical Academic Society (HSG) provides various services for all the students, staff and residents of the TUM School of Life Sciences. Based on the Christian faith, employees discuss vital issues and socio-political developments with the students, enjoy modern services and offer counselling services and support.
Assessment Centre – advisory services – Bible discussions – inter-religious dialogue – cathedral tours – relaxation – first semester breakfast – faith discussions – gospel choir – church services – international campus “Stammtisch” – “jour fixe” – coffee breaks – Advent monastery weekend – meeting people – London trip – midday prayers – music group for services – city tours – receiving scholarships – synagogue tours – “Taizékreis” – university cinema – emergency support network – “Waldweihnacht” – academics and faith – reading newspapers
- is located close to the campus, just five minutes from the canteen and the university library,
- offers opportunities for open meetings, regular groups, parties and events,
- offers room for relaxation and rest (large garden and attic meditation room),
- has useful facilities, such as a washing machine or a tool room.
During the Semester
- the HSG offers a “jour fixe” every other Tuesday evening (service at 7 p.m. followed by an evening with various guests and discussion topics),
- organizes many interesting events,
- there are various groups in the academic society (band, gospel choir, "Taizékreis” ...).
can be found on the HSG website and in the semester programme (available in the canteens).
- Franz Heilmeier (Catholic student pastor)
- Anne Lüters (Protestant student minister)
- Brigitte Ebertseder (educational advisor)
- Maria Schultz (Office)
- Mareike Krueger, Rafael Helbling (tutors)