Academic Society Freising
The Freising Christian Ecumenical Academic Society (HSG) provides services for all students, staff and residents of the Munich Technical University's Weihenstephan Academic Center or the University of Applied Sciences, Weihenstephan. Within the foundations of the Christian faith, employees and students discuss existential issues and community and political development. They celebrate modern worship services and offer counselling and support.
Assessment center – counselling – bible discussions – inter-faith discussions – cathedral tours – relaxation – first semester breakfast – faith discussions – gospel choir – worship services – international campus 'Stammtisch' – 'jour fixe' – coffee breaks – Advent cloister weekend – new contacts – London trip – noon prayers – church music groups – city tours – scholarships – synagogue tour – 'Taizékreis' – uni-cinema – emergency support network – 'Waldweihnacht' – academics and faith – reading newspapers
- close to campus, just five minutes from the dining hall and unversity library,
- offers opportunities for open meetings, regular groups, parties and events,
- allows for rest and relaxation (large garden and attic meditation room),
- practical appliances, for example washing machines and tool room.
During the semester
- the HSG invites you to the 'jour fixe' every other Tuesday evening (worship at 7 p.m. followed by an evening with various guests and discussion topics),
- offers many interesting events,
- offers many groups for diverse interests (band, gospel choir, "Taizékreis").
It can be found on the HSG internet page, www.hsg-freising.de, or in the semester program, which can be found in the dining halls.
- Franz Heilmeier (Catholic student pastor)
- Anne Lüters (protestant student minister)
- Brigitte Ebertseder (educational advisor)
- Maria Schultz (secretary)
- Mareike Krueger, Rafael Helbling ('tutors - student aids)