Rent, Waiting Periods, Types of Accommodation

Read out and MP3 download   Read out

Rent, overheads and waiting times

The rent (basic rent plus overheads) covers all running costs of the accommodation. No extra payment towards the day to day running of the halls of residence is charged. Rent is paid monthly by means of direct debit. Since rent is paid in advance, the total amount of the overheads can only be estimated, but any differences between the estimated and actual amount are accounted for at the end of the billing period.

Here you can take a look at the amount of rent and the watiting periods for our halls of residence.

Waiting periods:
Please note that the waiting period begins on the date your application is made.
The listed waiting periods are based on average waiting times and are only meant to give you a rough idea. As the waiting periods may change over time (they may also be longer) we recommend to check this list periodically to stay informed about the current approximate waiting period.

Types of accommodation

In order to determine which hall of residence is the right one for you, you should first think about what type of accommodation you would want to live in. Our halls of residence offer different types of accommodation, and not all of them are available in all of our halls. Please inform yourself about which types of accommodation are offered before making your application online: go to our halls of residence or take a look at our list of waiting periods.

The following types of accommodation are available:

  • Single room (shower, toilet and kitchen are shared within a residential group)
  • Apartment with shared kitchen (own shower and toilet)
  • Single apartment (own shower and toilet, own kitchen unit)
  • Flat (large apartment or flat with 2-3 rooms) for couples with child only (both enrolled)
  • Single-parent apartment (1.5 rooms as an apartment or in shared flat for 2)
  • Apartment or single room in shared flat for the disabled (equipped accordingly)

Parking lots

The Munich Student Union also offers parking lots. Monthly rent is between 6 to 30 euro for enrolled residents and between 15 and 57 euro for external tentants. For further information see link.



Questions or suggestions?

Send us an email!