Student union fee

Read out and MP3 download   Read out

All students enrolled in a university supported by the student union are required to pay 75 Euros per semester to the student union. This so-called base contribution is levied by the respective university and must be covered before matriculation.

The base contribution dates to the concept of a supportive society, from which the student unions originated. In the case of the Munich Student Union, the fees make up around ten to 15 per cent of its income. They play an important role in financing services for which the student union receives no subsidies (for example the Advice Network or the Culture Bureau) and services the student union must independently finance (for example participation in housing construction and balancing deficits in the canteens). More information on the base contribution and the changes this coming winter semester 2020/21 can be found here.

In every case, the student is obligated to make this base contribution regardless of whether or to what extent they make use of the student union’s services (cf. Grundbeitragssatzung des Studentenwerks Note: the official publication of this draft of the statute at the universities renders the statute effective in accordance with § 5).

The individual universities are responsible for the collection of the student union contributions. The fee is usually levied before or in combination with matriculation and then transferred to the student union. In case of any questions or claims, please refer to the matriculation office or student record office of your university.

The bank details for transferring the semester contributions vary from university to university. Please use the links for the bank details for

students of the LMU


students of the TUM

students of Hochschule München


For students attending other universities, please request the bank details from your student record office or matriculation office.

Further questions?

If you still have questions about the general construction and processing of the solidarity fee, please read the frequently asked questions and the answers to them on this page. Should any questions then still be open, please refer to the semester ticket department of the Munich Student Union.


Studentenwerk München
Leopoldstraße 15
80802 Munich

Tel.: + 49 89 38196-201
Fax: + 49 89 38196-144

International Student Identity Card

The Munich Student Union is not responsible for issuing the International Student Identity Card (ISIC). If this cannot be issued by their university or college, matriculated students in possession of their student ID can usually obtain an ISIC in any number of travel agency offices

More information is available at or here.