General Advice Service
Where we can help
Our team of counsellors considers itself to be the first point of call for help with all problems concerning studying and student life. We work together with students to find answers to problems like:
- How can I organise myself to ensure that I finish my studies on time?
- What happens if I become ineligible for my student health insurance tarif?
- How can I get through times when money is short? What do I do if I can't pay my rent?
- How do I keep on top of things when conflicts with parents/partner are playing heavily on my mind?
- Are there any social benefits or grants of which I know nothing about?
You can come to us with any of your questions, not just the ones like those listed above. We are here to help, and offer you our time gladly!
How we help
As far as possible, we answer your questions immediately or work together with you to find a solution to the problem. We help you with dealings with public authorities and in special instances even communicate with them on your behalf. Beyond this, we can refer you to one of our specialist advisory services, if you so desire. All matters are considered completely confidential. Counsel is available free of charge to students and prior registration is not required.
How to reach us
Please click on one of the following links to find out the opening hours and contact details of our advisory offices: